A High Volume Low Pressure (HVLP) Spray Gun is a handy and useful sprayer especially for the first time users to have a cleaner, safer, faster, and easier spray finishing. The best HVLP Spray Gun comes in a light-weight design with having a low-pressure system which makes the process even more convenient.
Many woodworking fellows still use the traditional spray guns which have high volume and high pressure. This method works for them without any doubt, but it takes a lot of concertation and efforts to make an even layer and also consumes a more volume of paint. So, more and more people are turning to the modern HVLP Sprayer Systems to meet their woodworking painting needs. Today, we will review the best HVLP Spray guns which work great for woodworking. Check them below.
Best HVLP Spray Gun for Woodworking
1. HomeRight C800766 Finish Max HVLP Paint Sprayer
The HVLP paint sprayer from HomeRight is an amazing spray gun which will give you a fine finish on the application, specifically in woodworking. This HVLP spray gun from HomeRight is the bestseller on Amazon in Power Paint & HVLP Sprayers category.
- It comes with an adjustable spray control which provides an improved output
- You will get three different patterns; vertical, horizontal, and circular, which allows you to select the best match to your job
- Even a beginner can have a spray paint output like a pro
- It will work great if you want lighter coats of paint
- Faster speed for small job
- Affordable price
- Not made for large projects
- Made of plastic, which questions the durability of the spray gun
2. Wagner 0518080 Control Spray Max HVLP Sprayer fro Woodworking
If you are looking for an HVLP sprayer system which meets the needs of painting job assortments, then go with the Wagner 0518080 Control Spray Max HVLP spray gun. It is a high recommended spraying product by the expert woodworkers.
- It is an easy to use and maintain HVLP spray gun
- It comes with a metal cup for a fine finish in smaller applications
- To extend the reach of spray, it comes with a 20-foot long high-flex air hose
- You can control the flow according to your need, which helps in covering large surface area
- You can use a wide range of sprays and stains for multiple painting tasks
- Economic and trustworthy HVLP sprayer system
- The power cord could be longer
- You need to be careful about painting under or above the painted surface as it has consistent air spray
3. Fuji 2804-T75G Gravity Mini-Mite 4 PLATINUM Spray Gun
The 2804-T75G Mini-Mite 4 Platinum Turbine Spray Gun from Fuji is a gravity spray gun which uses a stronger 4-stage motor turbine. Though it does not have a noise reduction feature as patented on the Q-Models from Fuji, it does have the same noise level as the other standard HVLP sprayer systems.
- It comes with a pattern control knob to allow you to adjust the size of the pattern of the spray fan
- It is a lightweight gravity spray gun which does not have bleed and has an ergonomically designed handle, no compromise with the quality
- The portable design makes it an easy to transport turbine spray gun system
- Featured with noise-reduction covers to reduce the operating noise
- The 600cc center mounted nylon cup improves the feel and balance of the gun
- Built for smaller hands, so if you have large palms, you may have to adjust the size of the handle
- Not a beginner-friendly user manual
4. Wagner 0417005 Control Spray HVLP Spray Gun for Woodworking
The 0417005 Control Spray HVLP Paint Sprayer from Wagner is an HVLP Sprayer Gun System which is made for entry-level users. If you are looking for a paint sprayer system for DIY home improvement projects, then this thin spraying HVLP paint sprayer will be a good choice.
- The spray tip is adjustable to three positions
- The integrated air turbine is powerful and provides faster spraying
- It comes with replaceable filters which help to keep the particle out of the paint
- A perfect HVLP spray gun for woodworking which is perfect for using with thin materials like wood sealers, deck stains, etc.
- Saves your time with just a 5-minute setup and 10-minute cleanup time
- Best for using in small applications
- You may be disappointed if you want to use only oil based paints with it
- Very thin spray pattern comes as an output
5. TCP Global Brand HVLP Spray Gun Kit
When you think a spray gun is not enough for your painting needs, then it is better to move to a spray gun set. And the TCP HVLP spray gun kit is the top option for the demand.
- You will have the full control over the spray pattern and pressure with the flexible adjustment facility of the spray gun
- Compared to the reviews of other HVLP spray guns, it has the higher delivery and efficiency rate
- The spray guns in this global brand HVLP spray gun kit are built with stainless steel needle and nozzles to provide durability
- Perfect for auto paint, top coat, primer, and touch-up
- Less overspray compared to the other HVLP spray systems
- Some users complain that it is not working well on the applications that need water or solvent based paint
- The gun jammed up sometimes in between at the time of testing
6. DeVilbiss 802342 StartingLine Gravity HVLP Spray Gun Kit
The DeVilbiss 802342 gravity HVLP spray gun kit is designed to help woodworkers and other paint sprayers to limelight their working strengths with lesser efforts and fine details. It is specially designed for painting on automotive, but that does not mean that you have to limit your use of it.
- Supremely lightweight design makes this HVLP spray gun kit extremely helpful for the projects which last longer
- Though it is designed for the automotive paint needs, it can be listed as one of the top rated HVLP spray gun kits for general purpose
- Solid design which helps it to function quite well
- Great HVLP spray gun set for the DIY experts and hobbyists
- Relatively easy cleanup process than the other HVLP sprayer systems
- Made for occasional use, so may not work better if you use it daily
- It comes with three tips, but the default tip is very tight, so you need some more time and patience to remove it. Otherwise, you will end up by breaking it
- The connection gaskets and cups are made from plastic which is a weak point
7. Fuji 5175G – T75G Gravity Spray Gun for Woodworking
The T-series T75G spray gun from Fuji Spray comes with a side control knob which helps you to adjust to various sizes of spray fan according to your requirements. Check more below in the Fuji T75G Spray Gun Review.
- You can adjust the fan size according to the object you want to spray on
- The easy to pull triggers provides less fatigue to the user
- It has stainless steel made springs, fluid components, and metal knobs to give durability for professional use
- Offers an ultimate control and excellent finishing
- Price is somewhat higher for what it offers
- The pros may feel it like a baby toy
8. DeVilbiss Finishline 4 FLG-670 HVLP Gravity Paint Gun
With an enhanced automation technology, the DeVilbiss FLG-670 HVLP paint sprayer gun will give a perfect finish for almost all the painting needs. With the performance it has and the value it provides, we are forced to add it in our list of the best HVLP spray guns.
- It is made with the latest enhanced atomization technology
- The convenient air cap and fluid nozzles offers superior results
- The multiple fluid tips make it easy to use for different paint needs across multiple applications
- Provides uniform, soft spray patterns
- High transfer efficiency
- The paint cup is made of plastic (not stainless) which makes it less durable for daily use
- If you do not fix the cup extreme tightly, you will not get proper spray
How to Use an HVLP Spray Gun?
The best HVLP spray gun can spray both types of materials; solvent-based and water-based. It provides minimum overspray and maximum paint transfer efficiency. Here we will show you how to use an HVLP spray gun to get the maximum output without messing up.
Things you will need:
- An HVLP spray gun
- Paint thinner
- Respirator mask
- Safety goggles
We recommend that you should first test your spray on cardboard or a piece of lumber and then start painting on your application. Check these below steps to use the HVLP spray gun.
- Switching the compressor
Switch on the compressor to provide the power to the spray gun and set the air pressure of the hose (Recommended – 90PSI). Read the manual came with the spray gun as different manufacturers have different settings for the pressure. Start from the lower PSI i.e. from 50 and then make adjustments as you need.
- Making the connection
Now the time to make a connection. Connect your HVLP spray gun and the hose together by pressing down the trigger and holding it until the alteration of the base of the gun ends. Also, fill up the paint in the canister. Attach the canister with the spray gun.
Tip: The spray gun manufacturer supplies a chart for the paint thickness and volume. Follow the instructions on the chart and don’t start spraying right after attaching the tools. Paint on a piece of wood first and test the thickness and pattern of spray and then start spraying on the surface you want.
Adjust the fan and set the fluid control of the spray gun. Hold the spray gun in a perpendicular position and away from the surface about 6-8 inches. Now start spraying the paint horizontally. Start at the top and gradually finish to the bottom of the surface. Continue to sweep as per your needs of an effect of the paint.
Follow the instructions above, and you will see that you get the best out of your HVLP spray gun. HVLP spray guns become the standard in the industry, and if you are a professional who is going to use these spray guns for the daily job, then it’s better to get a comfortable and right way by practicing to complete your task in quick time.
Best HVLP Spray Gun System – Buying Guide
Both of us (we and you) have done, right? We have provided the reviews, and you checked them, task finished, and you get your best HVLP spray gun system at your home, simple? Well, it’s not as simple as that. For the money you are spending, you deserve the best tool according to your needs and comfort. But, how can you get the best HVLP system? Here we are again. Check this buying guide below to have the true value for money HVLP spray gun for your DIY projects.
Comparing different HVLP Spray Guns
There are different shapes, sizes, power, colors, and prices of various kinds of HVLP spray guns. The price of a Spray gun is the most important thing to consider, because if you want to use only once or twice for your home DIY project, then it is not necessary to go with the highest-priced HVLP spray gun. Below are some of the considerations that you can make apart from the price of the spray gun.
Power: The power of a spray gun is generally measured in CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute) and PSI (Pressure per Square Inch). So depending on the need like whether you want it for painting on a few pieces of lumber, in a small room, or for a professional daily use, you can choose the spray gun by considering on the power CFM ratings.
Quality: Not all the brands who manufacture spray guns are providing the best in the market. So research for the brand you are looking at the product of. Check the genuine buyer reviews, check the warranties, whether they include any accessory or additional parts or not, and compare them to other products in the same category.
The HVLP (High Volume Low Pressure) guns deliver high volume for spraying and painting for woodworking, automotive, rooms, furniture, etc. Using the best HVLP spray gun means you will not get it overspray and excessive painting on your application. And this buying guide will surely help you to get the most suitable HVLP spray gun for your system.
All these HVLP spray gun reviews are helpful for the painters, especially in the woodworking field. The HVLP spray guns have two main categories; turbine spray guns (sprayers) and conversion guns. Not all the HVLP sprayer systems work the same. Different HVLP paint sprayers are designed for different applications.
A best HVLP spray gun should have the capability of working on various applications with an adjustable spray pattern and comfortable air power on the handle. It should allow you to adjust the spray pressure and pattern on the fly. These ‘Best HVLP Spray Gun Reviews for Woodworking’ will help the beginners to have a learning curve and the professionals to have a great practice.