Faux fur is one of our favorite fashionable items. Why? Because absolutely no animals are harmed in producing it. It is just as beautiful and versatile, of course. So, why not buy it instead of encouraging animal cruelty?
While faux fur is most popular for coats, it has multiple other uses. It can be used to make stuffed animals, rugs, lampshades, and other home décor items. Isn’t that wonderful? Also, another great aspect is that you can paint it to suit the rest of your decorative items and walls or just to change the way it looks. The best part of all this is that painting faux fur is amazingly easy. In this article, we will tell you how to do it.
How to Paint Faux Fur?
Gather the item you want to paint, newspapers, a fine brush, and acrylic spray paint of your choice. Now, get started with the following steps:
- Place newspapers on the floor. Cover a large area with the newspapers so that when you paint, the excess does not fall on the ground.
- Start with a small area and spray paint it. Make sure you are standing at least a foot away. Also, only spray a little paint. Don’t overdo it.
- Wait for around 10 seconds.
- Use a fine brush to paint that area. Brush it in all directions.
- Now, you can move to the next area and follow the above steps.
- It is very important to be careful and patient through the process. It may be time-consuming, but it is definitely worth it.
Things to keep in mind
1. Paint in the garage or outside the house for safety.
2. Always wear safety gear such as goggles and a mask.
3. Do not use too much paint because it will start clumping. This will ruin your precious faux fur item.
4. If it is a toy, we recommend that you leave it alone and not paint it. Children tend to put toys in their mouths, and this paint can harm them.
5. Metallic colors are the best because they avoid clumping.
Faux fur is very popular because of its affordability and aesthetics. Small hacks such as painting faux fur items will ensure that they stay with you for many years to come. We hope this article helped you with just that. If you have any doubts, don’t hesitate. Just comment!