Now that summer is here; it’s time for all those DIY projects to come out of your garage. Utilize the summer as much as possible by getting all your pending work done. Think you need a new coat of paint for your garage? Make it a DIY! In fact, most jobs around the house can be easily done as a DIY thanks to amazing products available that help you immensely in doing the job.
Why should you use cordless sprayers?
If you have a big painting job to do, a cordless paint sprayer will reduce the time and effort you need to complete the job, while maximizing efficiency and giving a perfect finish to your painting job.
The list of cordless paint sprayers and battery operated paint sprayers we have organized for you will make any painting job around the house a piece of cake!
Best Cordless Paint Sprayer
1) Graco 17M363 Ultra Cordless Paint Sprayer
This Graco product is actually a 20V cordless paint sprayer and is one of the fastest and easiest ways to complete small projects that are piling up. It can spray without any thinning required. It’s compact and lightweight design allows you to spray longer and more effectively.
- Get the perfect spray finish by adjusting the pressure for a consistent and even spray pattern.
- It is so lightweight and compact it can fit in the palm of your hand!
- The tilt-and-spray motion of the suction tube provides a larger range of spraying motion above and below up to 45 degrees
- All the components in this cordless sprayer can be replaced with simple, modular components to ensure a long-lasting life of the sprayer
- It can spray on a wide range of coatings from latex to acrylic
- Do not use with materials that mention “flammable” on their packaging
2) Graco 24F893 ProPack Portable Spray Pack for TrueCoat Pro Paint Sprayer
This Graco ProPack is a cordless paint sprayer that allows you to complete any small projects in and around your home without interruptions or refills.
- It holds up to 1 gallon of paint for continuous use with one battery charge
- This pack includes the portable spray pack, container of capacity 1 gallon, air compressor, 9V battery, and 5 feet of hose.
- It has a limited warranty of 1 year, protecting your investment from any mishap.
- The ergonomic backpack included in this pack shifts the weight evenly on your shoulders and back, letting you move freely for a longer spraying time
- This sprayer pressurizes the paint to attain maximum spray pressure allowing it to work for up to 5 hours non-stop on a 9V battery charge
- The spray tips are stored in a special pouch included in the bag
3) Graco 17M367 Ultra Max Cordless Airless Handheld Paint Sprayer
From Graco, this is another great product for those who are looking for a handheld paint sprayer. The 17M367 is a wireless airless sprayer with a wonderful spraying functionality. You can adjust the flow according to your painting needs which is one of the most important benefits of this tool.
- It has nearly 1 liter capacity with a maximum flow of 0.20 gpm (gallon per minute).
- The 12 Inch maximum spray pattern allows preventing the overspraying on the application and helps to get a proper application.
- It can spray various kinds of sprays including sealers, spray stains, latex, oil paints, etc.
- The package includes one cordless airless paint sprayer, one battery charger, two fluid filters, two reversible tips, one bottle pump armor, one ground strap, four flex liner bags, and one tool bag.
- Plastic material makes it lightweight and convenient for use.
4) Ryobi P620 ONE+ Speed Cordless Paint Sprayer
For the professionals who are looking for a reliable tool for their exterior painting needs, the P620 from Ryobi is a nice paint sprayer available on the market. When the company first introduced wireless painting machines, they failed to attract many people and so not gaining much popularity. But soon after the price drops and improvement in the products, they do start getting attention from the painters across the boundaries.
- It can work with any paint brand, and that’s why becoming famous among the paint workers.
- It works perfect on garage doors, exterior home walls, and other outer surfaces of various applications.
- The P620 can paint in three different kinds of patterns; round, vertical, and horizontal.
- It has the capacity of holding up to 1 liter of paint and spraying with the flow rate of 20 l/h.
- It is compatible with all the Ryobi One+ batteries so that you can buy them without any worries.
- Easy to set up and use functionality due to the inbuilt GripZone technology in this bare unit.
5) Graco TC Pro Cordless Airless Paint Sprayer
If you want a battery operated paint sprayer for interior painting needs, then the Graco TC Pro cordless sprayer is the perfect option you can have. Due to the ‘tilt n spray’ pattern of the suction tube, it can paint smoothly not only the interiors but also on the exterior walls.
- The Graco TC Pro is made with the SmartTip technology which will deliver smarter and smoother finish with less effort.
- The cup can hold about 1-liter paint, and the tip has spraying capacity of 0.2 gpm.
- This airless sprayer doesn’t need a thinner paint as it can use paint and stain to deliver controlled spray pattern on different applications.
- It uses the 20V lithium-ion batteries from DeWALT make sure that the machine will not run out of the power early.
- The package includes one Graco TC Pro airless paint sprayer, two 20V DeWALT batteries, one fluid storage armor pump, two flex line bags, two VacuValve caps, one DeWALT charger, one reversible spray tip, and a mesh filter.
What are the benefits of cordless sprayers?
- A cordless paint sprayer or a battery-operated paint sprayer has the huge advantage of mobility. While the other paint sprayers will run off the mains and have a lead attached to it, a cordless sprayer will be free of all such entanglements.
- A cordless sprayer will also have greater reach as they can be carried anywhere while the corded sprayers will only be able to travel up to a fixed distance from the mains.
- A cordless paint sprayer is also fairly lightweight, allowing you to use it for longer hours with lesser effort. You no longer have to complain of body pains arising from operating heavy paint sprayers for long hours.
- Cordless paint sprayers come with the special type of motors that ensures a consistent flow of paint, giving rise to less dripping. Thus cordless paint sprayers give a smoother and more even finish than other paint sprayers.
How to choose cordless sprayers?
To pick the right cordless sprayer for your painting jobs, there are a few parameters that help-
- Knowing the pressure of the sprayer- If you are using heavy paints in your painting job you will require a sprayer with higher pressure. If you want to vary the pressure of the sprayer for light/ heavy coats, look for a sprayer with variable pressure settings.
- Knowing the volume of the sprayer- Deciding how many times you wish to stop for a refill during your paint job is a huge factor. If you dislike filling up your sprayer over and over, choose one with a higher capacity. If you are looking for a smaller and more lightweight model, its capacity will also reduce accordingly, increasing the number of refills. Depending on the job you have at hand, choose a large or small sized sprayer.
- The sprayer tips- The kind of finish you want on your painting DIY will also depend on the kind of cordless sprayer you get. Spray tips are those which slip into the front side of the sprayer. The type of tip you need will depend on the finish you desire, the paint you are using and the surface you are spraying.
By now you will have your favorites among the cordless paint sprayers above. So choose one and get working on re-upholstering, re-finishing or simply painting things inside and outside your home! Don’t forget to keep safe and follow the instructions that come with the battery operated paint sprayer you purchase and study the equipment properly before beginning to use it.